Friday, April 20, 2012

Animosity

Recently I have been listening to the Lord speak to me about harboring animosity in my heart towards others. He has instructed us not to judge others, as He alone is the Judge of all.  My job is to pray for those that He puts into my life.  If there is animosity, or ill feelings in my heart towards someone else, how will I be able to pray for that individual?  How will I be sensitive to the words of the Holy Spirit guiding me to witness to this person?  So....the way I handle this.....first, your minds thinks....then with your emotions, you react.  If my thinking does not line up with God's Word, then I cannot rely on my emotions.  My thinking must line up with His Word....whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are kind, whatsoever things are holy, think on these things. Outlandish emotions show our outlandish thinking.  Therefore, we must control our thinking...giving our thoughts over to God, who created us.

No comments:

Post a Comment